In keeping with all things cupcake, I made some blue corn muffins in the mini muffin tins. They went over so well that all 48 of them were devoured before I could set some aside to freeze. I served them with a hearty crock pot ham and bean soup. I was thrilled that I remembered to take photos during all stages. This recipe is easy and can be made into a loaf or larger muffins- but there is something just cute and fun about the minis.
1 Cup Blue Corn Meal- I used Arrowhead Mills Gluten Free Organic
3/4 Cup Jules Nearly Normal Gluten Free Flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c honey
1/3 c maple syrup
1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 425
Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Add wet ingredients into a large pyrex cup and blend with a stick blender. Combine wet into dry until mixed but not over stirred.Spray mini muffin tin with Butter flavor PAM then pour batter into tins until about 3/4 full. Bake for 12 minutes and check for golden brown edges.Cool for 5 minutes in the tins then remove them to wire rack. Store in Ziploc bag or container.These really rock served warm with a dollop of honey butter.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Menus for Restaurant Dining
- When you care enough to create the very best for M...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Don't Bothers and Sucky P...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Favorite Things
- Spring in Full Bloom
- Our March with Babies
- Our visit to The Ohio State University NICU
- Gluten Free Carrot Raisin Cakes
- I am speechless
- Blooms and Butterflies are Breathtaking
- Face in a Hole
- Why our Daddy should not color with our impression...
- Playgrounds, Picnics, Ponds and Proms
- The Whole Foods Dance Party
- One Step, Crock Pot, Gluten Free, Spicy BBQ Pork ...
- Rama Lama Ding Dong
- Rain Rain Go Away
- OY the Nat-i-tude
- For the love of Sunny Skies
- The Slutskys are Cashews
- Fabulous Fajita Fridays
- Gluten Free Noodle Kugel
- The Silly Slutsky Seder
- Passover Whine
- Free Coffee
- Sam Edelman is Sexy
- Birthday Bash and Bargains
- Sharing Sake and Sushi for Shabbat
- Gluten Free Blue Cornbread Muffins
- Tuition is $21,000 but you get FREE COFFEE
- Another Pasta Post
- My April Fools joke lasts all year
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2008 (221)