Friday, April 17, 2009

One Step, Crock Pot, Gluten Free, Spicy BBQ Pork Tenderloins

Now that Passover has officially passed over, I am posting the easiest gluten free recipe on the planet. Posting a pork recipe on Passover would have been tacky, right? It starts as a 4 ingredient recipe but you can add a few things to personalize it for your family.

3-4 whole pork tenderloins (rinsed and patted dry) 4 pounds total
1 bottle Gluten Free BBQ sauce (or whatever you like)
1 large can crushed pineapple in juice (not heavy syrup)
1 large Red Onion chopped

Put it all in the crock pot on low for 8 hours.You can turn the meat if you are home, otherwise, just let it go. You can't screw it up.Before serving remove the meat from the potand use a stick blender right in the crock potwhirl all the sauce and cooked onion/pineapple together until smooth- season with salt and pepper if you wish. Slice tenderloin into medallions and return to the pot of blended sauce until you are ready to plate it.Drizzle with a spoon full of sauce to decorate the pork medallions.

The optional add ins are:
crushed garlic cloves
cilantro
cayenne pepper
orange zest

I served this with fresh steamed broccoli and smashed twice baked potatoes. The kids ate it and asked for more. I brought the leftovers into the office and we ate the meat on day two and three, it was awesome. This is a dish that tastes like you worked hard in the kitchen. It is gluten free, simple and delicious.

4 comments:

loren said...

Wow, Helene, this looks awesome and really easy (which would be a change from my typical meals... ugh)! I'm thinking of trying it sometime this week.

Katie said...

Yay! This looks awesome and I have it all at home - just didn't know how I was going to cook the pork tenderloin and this looks sooo easy!

Anonymous said...

Wait! What?

PORK??!!!

I thought this was a gluten-free, KOSHER website.

Katie said...

it is YUMMY - my husband commented that I should try beef next time. I bet that is way more $ - LOL!

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter