I made a gallon (stock pot) sized batch of tomato basil marinara sauce yesterday. I made homemade gluten free mini meatballs (121 of them) and the kids destroyed their dinner. I have been showing them how to twirl pasta by using a spoon to help in assisting the fork, like the Italians.
In theory this is easy to do, but when you are three it is a chance to ooosh and gooosh, splish and splash the sauce everywhere- which is why they are eating it in their underwear.
They really enjoyed themselves and there is nothing more I can say about the meal, except that by the time I lovingly shopped for the ingredients, painstakingly prepared it all, served it with a smile, ate it, cleaned it and the kids up, and stored the leftovers for future meals, I was exhausted. Now where did I put those Orange Shirts?
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Menus for Restaurant Dining
- When you care enough to create the very best for M...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Don't Bothers and Sucky P...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Favorite Things
- Spring in Full Bloom
- Our March with Babies
- Our visit to The Ohio State University NICU
- Gluten Free Carrot Raisin Cakes
- I am speechless
- Blooms and Butterflies are Breathtaking
- Face in a Hole
- Why our Daddy should not color with our impression...
- Playgrounds, Picnics, Ponds and Proms
- The Whole Foods Dance Party
- One Step, Crock Pot, Gluten Free, Spicy BBQ Pork ...
- Rama Lama Ding Dong
- Rain Rain Go Away
- OY the Nat-i-tude
- For the love of Sunny Skies
- The Slutskys are Cashews
- Fabulous Fajita Fridays
- Gluten Free Noodle Kugel
- The Silly Slutsky Seder
- Passover Whine
- Free Coffee
- Sam Edelman is Sexy
- Birthday Bash and Bargains
- Sharing Sake and Sushi for Shabbat
- Gluten Free Blue Cornbread Muffins
- Tuition is $21,000 but you get FREE COFFEE
- Another Pasta Post
- My April Fools joke lasts all year
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2008 (221)