My children have no hope of having naturally straight hair. It is just not possible. You see when my adoring husband was younger he had very curly hair- all right, he had a jew fro. Keep in mind he is a high school graduate of the 1970's which explains the clothing, but when I say he has a fro, I am not lying.When you quit laughing your ass off, realize that these genes make up half of the cute kids you see on this blog. He can't be that bad.
Some things are simply genetic. Mitchell has Jeff's kinky curly hair too, and like his father, when his hair grows it gets taller, not longer. Thankfully, Natalie and Amanda have beautiful curly ringlet hair, the kind most people pay for with a perm. Amanda uses a flat iron to erase the curls, and Natalie is so obsessed with ribbons and bows that she has not realized that she could be straightening her hair for 30 minutes every morning....yet. For now she is just happy to have ponytails and bows.
The verdict is still out on Charlotte though. Some days her hair is wavy and lately her hair is downright curly. These are the soft, springy curls that are just about the prettiest thing around. My kids are genuinely lucky that they got good hair. I guess we can attribute that to their daddy. Mommie wears a wig and has hair that changes weekly- texture, color, and all. So when you look my children you can thank Jeff for making sure the Jew fro in combination with my flat and lifeless hair created some curly cutie pies. Oh those curls, don't you just love them!
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Only in Ohio
- Happy Birthday Daddy
- Loud, Louder, Loudest
- How NOT to spend a Saturday Night
- Our Three Stooges
- Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Cupcakes- The Gluten Free ...
- R Bistro is Our Bistro in Indianapolis
- Eli is an Early Reader
- Farewell Old Friend
- Exhausted Parents try to Exhaust their children
- Jack-a-knees Steakhouse
- Dental Drama
- Vegan, Kosher, Gluten Free Mango Dessert Rice
- What not to wear
- Born Together, Friends Forever
- Jews of the 1970's
- Top of the Mornin from my lads
- Mural by Charlotte Slutsky as influenced by Larry ...
- Our New Playground
- How much do you charge per hour?
- Let's Do Gluten Free, Vegan, Kosher Ice Cream Cone...
- Las Vegas Highlights- Part Two
- Greetings from Las Vegas...part one
- 80 % off at Restaurants.com
- Tricycles and Triplets
- Happy Hamantashen
- Oh those curls
- Purim and Daylight Savings time do not mix
- Where is Mrs. Obama?
- Helene's (now) world famous Gluten Free Hamantashe...
- Mommie gets a Mojito Martini thanks to Daddy, Trat...
- History is repeating itself
- YES! I have my hands full
- Their tee shirts do not lie
- ▼ March (36)
- ► 2008 (221)