Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jews of the 1970's

After I posted the high school senior portrait of Jeff in the 1970's several people thought it was a practical joke. They did not believe this was his real hair.Jeff Slutsky owned the jew fro, he grew it, maintained it and perfected it. To prove that I did not pull a fast on one my readers I had Jeff scan his family portrait from the mid 1970's .As you can plainly see, Jeff's brothers were also blessed with the same hair. You gotta love the 1970's styles. Check out my darling, The Karate Man in his blue silk gi:I am not sure which is more seventies- the fro or the sideburns? Of course, to put this all in perspective for me, I was in First Grade when these shots were taken.

I often think there should be a collaboration style coffee table book called Jews of the 1970's. An anthology of the Jewish people in the 1970's as viewed in professional photography. In addition to the Slutskys of Fort Wayne, Indiana we could fill the book with priceless images like this one from Jeff's former in lawsthe Dr. Paul Oppenheimer clan of Columbus, OH. I am sure I could just ask my Jewish readers to e-mail me their faves from Weddings, Confirmation Ceremonies, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and Parties held in the early to mid 70's. I found these samples for motivation.


Anyone recognize themselves?

3 comments:

Michele S said...

OMG! You have me in a hysteria. Those pictures are HILARIOUS. I love it. And I thought "I" had big hair in the 80s. I had NO IDEA!

The Wright Trips said...

Yep..this has to be one of my favorite posts! I'm laughing so hard. The book, "Jews of the 1970's" is freakin hilarious! Start hunting those old photos. You may be on to something :)

Shannon

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

I am laughing all the way to the bank Shannon- or is that too Jewish? Thanks ladies...these pics get me laughing too.

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter