After I posted the high school senior portrait of Jeff in the 1970's several people thought it was a practical joke. They did not believe this was his real hair.Jeff Slutsky owned the jew fro, he grew it, maintained it and perfected it. To prove that I did not pull a fast on one my readers I had Jeff scan his family portrait from the mid 1970's .As you can plainly see, Jeff's brothers were also blessed with the same hair. You gotta love the 1970's styles. Check out my darling, The Karate Man in his blue silk gi:I am not sure which is more seventies- the fro or the sideburns? Of course, to put this all in perspective for me, I was in First Grade when these shots were taken.
I often think there should be a collaboration style coffee table book called Jews of the 1970's. An anthology of the Jewish people in the 1970's as viewed in professional photography. In addition to the Slutskys of Fort Wayne, Indiana we could fill the book with priceless images like this one from Jeff's former in lawsthe Dr. Paul Oppenheimer clan of Columbus, OH. I am sure I could just ask my Jewish readers to e-mail me their faves from Weddings, Confirmation Ceremonies, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and Parties held in the early to mid 70's. I found these samples for motivation.
Anyone recognize themselves?
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Only in Ohio
- Happy Birthday Daddy
- Loud, Louder, Loudest
- How NOT to spend a Saturday Night
- Our Three Stooges
- Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Cupcakes- The Gluten Free ...
- R Bistro is Our Bistro in Indianapolis
- Eli is an Early Reader
- Farewell Old Friend
- Exhausted Parents try to Exhaust their children
- Jack-a-knees Steakhouse
- Dental Drama
- Vegan, Kosher, Gluten Free Mango Dessert Rice
- What not to wear
- Born Together, Friends Forever
- Jews of the 1970's
- Top of the Mornin from my lads
- Mural by Charlotte Slutsky as influenced by Larry ...
- Our New Playground
- How much do you charge per hour?
- Let's Do Gluten Free, Vegan, Kosher Ice Cream Cone...
- Las Vegas Highlights- Part Two
- Greetings from Las Vegas...part one
- 80 % off at Restaurants.com
- Tricycles and Triplets
- Happy Hamantashen
- Oh those curls
- Purim and Daylight Savings time do not mix
- Where is Mrs. Obama?
- Helene's (now) world famous Gluten Free Hamantashe...
- Mommie gets a Mojito Martini thanks to Daddy, Trat...
- History is repeating itself
- YES! I have my hands full
- Their tee shirts do not lie
- ▼ March (36)
- ► 2008 (221)