All our free offers for meals and deals have poured in for Jeff's birthday this week.I am not one to say no to free meals, even at Red Robin. We loaded up the kids and we invaded Red Robin where we scored Jeff's dinner, gratis. The kids were more than willing to sing Happy Birthday to him and if you read yesterdays entry about volume and decibels you will be glad you missed our celebration.
Dinner was everything you would come to expect from eating at Red Robin.It is not good or bad, it just is!
It was loud, loaded with kids and serviced by a teenage waitstaff. It was all fun and games when the kids earned a balloon on the way out- we make sure they understand that only kids with excellent table behavior get a balloon.
I have said it before and I will say it again, I am not above bribing and rewarding my children when necessary- and at Red Robin balloons are a necessary evil. Just ask Natalie-she was enjoying her red balloon until it was unexpectedly released to heaven. You have never seen such a meltdown with tears, screaming and tantrum like behavior. I would have shown a photo of her reaction but in all honesty I did not want the reminder or evidence. It was that GAWD AWFUL! The drama that ensued was confirmation of why we only get balloons when we are leaving!
We went from Red Robin to Cold Stone for dessert. Who am I to turn down free ice cream....ever! Cold Stone at Creekside in Gahanna was a ghost town. We were the only people in the place at 7:30 on a beautiful sunny evening. Jeff was wondering why the place was so dead. I explained that not everyone had a coupon for $4.50 worth of ice cream and not everybody makes their kids get the ice cream filled cupcakes that are 6 for $9.99. He was confused and then I pointed out that the smallest scoop at Cold Stone is $3.50 without any schmushed candies, or a fancy waffle cone. I did the math and I would guess that most scoops are about five bucks by the time it is all said and done. Then, the marketing genius said, "hummmph, no wonder!" "Who can afford to take a family to Cold Stone for $5 bucks a head?" Thanks to the 6 pack filled cupcake special and the free scoop that Jeff shared with CJ, we managed to come out of there for ten bucks flat- and there were 7 of us.
Happy Birthday Daddy! We love you enough to endure Red Robin and spend ten bucks at Cold Stone....woooo hooo! Party On!
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Only in Ohio
- Happy Birthday Daddy
- Loud, Louder, Loudest
- How NOT to spend a Saturday Night
- Our Three Stooges
- Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Cupcakes- The Gluten Free ...
- R Bistro is Our Bistro in Indianapolis
- Eli is an Early Reader
- Farewell Old Friend
- Exhausted Parents try to Exhaust their children
- Jack-a-knees Steakhouse
- Dental Drama
- Vegan, Kosher, Gluten Free Mango Dessert Rice
- What not to wear
- Born Together, Friends Forever
- Jews of the 1970's
- Top of the Mornin from my lads
- Mural by Charlotte Slutsky as influenced by Larry ...
- Our New Playground
- How much do you charge per hour?
- Let's Do Gluten Free, Vegan, Kosher Ice Cream Cone...
- Las Vegas Highlights- Part Two
- Greetings from Las Vegas...part one
- 80 % off at Restaurants.com
- Tricycles and Triplets
- Happy Hamantashen
- Oh those curls
- Purim and Daylight Savings time do not mix
- Where is Mrs. Obama?
- Helene's (now) world famous Gluten Free Hamantashe...
- Mommie gets a Mojito Martini thanks to Daddy, Trat...
- History is repeating itself
- YES! I have my hands full
- Their tee shirts do not lie
- ▼ March (36)
- ► 2008 (221)