The Step 2 company has discontinued making the choo choo wagon. This happened a few years ago and it caused a riot of black market choo choo sales on eBay. Used wagons were selling for $500. Keep in mind that the train cost about $99 for the two passenger purple and green wagon, and the orange trailers were about $50 each. Talk about an example of supply and demand. Once the price plateaued at around $500 for months, the Step 2 company started making them again and the new productions sold for about $150- which meant the supply was available and the demand was exhausted. If you sold your used wagon during the discontinued time you stood to make a killing after your kids used the wagon for months. I had a feeling history was repeating itself. I decided to strike while the iron was hot.
Now that the price of these used wagons is sky-rocketing I thought it wise to say good-bye to my old friend. I listed and sold our beloved 4 car wagon on EBay. It was time. The triplets would much rather walk these days and when Charlotte sees them walking she says, "me too!" and she walks along side. The only time we really have a need for such a contraption is when we take all the kids to the zoo.
This past weekend we took the wagon, loaded with kids to the zoo. As you saw a few days ago the weather was ideal, cool enough to pull all four cars around the whole zoo. We bid a sentimental farewell and gave the kids the last hoorah.
I was sure to dress the kids in the orange "my parents are exhausted" shirts (times 4) so that everyone and their uncle would notice us. After all it was our final good-bye and I felt as though I might miss all the attention we attract. I am a mom of multiples attention whore, right? Oh, NOT!
As you have seen a million times on this blog, the choo choo wagon with four cars is a must have when you are schlepping four kids three and under anywhere. The choo choo wagon train is a mom of multiples best friend. This is a highly coveted piece of gear for those with twins, triplets, quads or a litter.
So long old friend I bid you a fine farewell. Keep on Chugga Chugga Chuckin along. I hope your new family loves you as much as we did.
PS- Please take note of Jeff's sweatshrit- it says Old Guys Rule-so it was especially funny (to me) to see 4 cuties with "my parents are exhausted" being pulled around the zoo by "Old Guys Rule." Maybe I should just say, FML!
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Only in Ohio
- Happy Birthday Daddy
- Loud, Louder, Loudest
- How NOT to spend a Saturday Night
- Our Three Stooges
- Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Cupcakes- The Gluten Free ...
- R Bistro is Our Bistro in Indianapolis
- Eli is an Early Reader
- Farewell Old Friend
- Exhausted Parents try to Exhaust their children
- Jack-a-knees Steakhouse
- Dental Drama
- Vegan, Kosher, Gluten Free Mango Dessert Rice
- What not to wear
- Born Together, Friends Forever
- Jews of the 1970's
- Top of the Mornin from my lads
- Mural by Charlotte Slutsky as influenced by Larry ...
- Our New Playground
- How much do you charge per hour?
- Let's Do Gluten Free, Vegan, Kosher Ice Cream Cone...
- Las Vegas Highlights- Part Two
- Greetings from Las Vegas...part one
- 80 % off at Restaurants.com
- Tricycles and Triplets
- Happy Hamantashen
- Oh those curls
- Purim and Daylight Savings time do not mix
- Where is Mrs. Obama?
- Helene's (now) world famous Gluten Free Hamantashe...
- Mommie gets a Mojito Martini thanks to Daddy, Trat...
- History is repeating itself
- YES! I have my hands full
- Their tee shirts do not lie
- ▼ March (36)
- ► 2008 (221)