This is a weekly recipe for our family. We eat a ton of fresh salad mostly spring mix or baby spinach and never chemically treated bagged crap- blech. This is the most requested thing I make from scratch and when 3 three year olds are begging for salad, you know the dressing must be good.
Cranberry Orange Dressing
1 cup fresh or frozen whole cranberries- in summer we sub fresh red raspberries
1 clementine zested then juiced
1 clementine just juiced
2 cloves fresh garlic
1 cup roughly chopped red onion
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/3 c honey or real maple syrup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 plus extra extra virgin olive oil
(because Rachel Ray annoys the piss out of me, I refuse to call it EVOO)
Put all ingredients into blender or use emersion stick blender in a tall pyrex glass measuring cup. Pulse and blend until smooth and creamy....if you want a low fat dressing use less oil and add a bit of extra onion and juice, if you like a creamy dressing add a little extra oil when blending- you can tell by consistency.
Helene's Killer Salad
1 granny smith apple peeled
1 Bosc Pair
1/2c Red Onion sliced thinly
1 c spicy pecans
1/2c Boursin cheese
1 pound washed, drained spring mix
1/2 pound baby spinach
In large salad bowl add greens. Sprinkle onions and pecans, lightly toss. Slice pear into thin wafers, use a carrot peeler to make paper thin apple slices, then cut into matchsticks, decorate salad with fruit then crumble Boursin cheese into flakes by using a fork to crumble- top salad with cheese. Use Cranberry Orange dressing on top.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Columbus Mother of Twins Spring Sale- a total succ...
- Gluten Free Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- 4 Co- Pays and some $25 gift cards
- Fevers, Coughs, Runny Noses- TIMES FOUR
- Enviro-kids Gluten Free Cereal-palooza
- I made a lady cry at Giant Eagle
- Eli's words of wisdom
- Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Dressing, also known ...
- Natalie's Potty Rating System
- Welcome to New Albany, OH- we have Clean Streets a...
- Music To My Ears, so C'mon Get Happy
- The Nadya Suleman Saga, How one woman's poor judgm...
- Pink and Green LOVE
- Brotherly LOVE
- Gluten Free Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- Wester Bill
- Muddy Waters
- Twenty Years
- A Sticky Situation
- Confined Spaces and Cages- How I survive the winte...
- Chewable Pampers
- Gluten Free Batch Cooking 101
- Dripstiks and Popsicles Make a Cold Day FUN
- The Real Housewives of Franklin County, Ohio
- Facebook Frolics
- My Pretty, Petite, Picasso of 19 months
- I am Flabbergasted
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2008 (221)