Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Facebook Frolics

I have been on facebook for about 6 months. It all started when I got one to spy on Mitchell and Amanda. Well, not really spy, but to be more aware. It was fun to read their status updates and to see how they communicated with their group of on line friends. Facebook is for kids. and Amanda promptly wrote on my wall and told me I was a loser for joining facebook. Really? Look at me now Amanda.

Then all hell broke loose when Honey friended me on facebook and she had more friends than I did. Is that possible? I took a second, more mature look at the whole concept of this networking forum and I decided to try it for real. I added some photos and filled out all the boxes of information. I was becoming part of this microtrend dammit.

I have been out of touch with most of my friends ever since I moved to Columbus, got married and proceeded to crank out a daycare center of my own. I have this blog and it does help keep everyone updated on the antics and chaos in my personal life. But facebook is different. It is an almost addictive little daydream. You log on, check in on your peeps, and then check out. I got tagged in one of those 25 random things about me surveys. I never do those, I just delete and pretend I never saw the damn thing in the first place. Poof, bye bye.

After being tagged a zillion times I caved. I cut and pasted Wende's list and edited to be my own. Sort of, since I lifted two of her random things word for word. Here is my list of the 25 random things about me. There is a typo in #24, should have read FAT ASS, but it is funnier as my fast ass, so I left it. ENJOY!

1. I talked at age 9 months (shocker!)
2. I helped Wende Powell button her coat at KI when we were 5 and we have been friends ever since.
3. My nickname is Queen- rhymes with Helene- or as Michelle Giele says, Queenis-
4. I have always had the same cell phone number- 10 plus years now
5. My MFM doc said he loved my cervix- something you can't really brag about except on this kind of list, right?
6. My sister and I used to fight all the time. Now we're really close. I am eternally grateful to have a sister
7. My husband, Jeff and I still make out with him on a regular basis. (TMI?)
8. I can make bananas foster.
9. I would love to adopt another Jack Russell but my husband says NO MORE LIVING things in our house-he won't even adopt a highway
10.I met Lauren Bacall and I asked her to tell me something really private about Bogey that no one else would know...she said, like what? and I said, did he snore? She said he did not snore, HE SANG!
11. I am the real housewife of New Albany
12. My grandmother is 98 and still swears like a sailor
13. I never shampoo lather rinse and repeat- just one lather and rinse for me.
14. I met my husband on J-date
15. My favorite ice cream is Haagen Daz Rum Raisin
16. I love TJMAXX and Marshalls more than Nordstrom these days
17. My favorite cocktail is a cosmopolitan with fresh limes
18. When I am KC I feel compelled to have Winsteads even though it is not as good as it was back in the day!
19. I prefer taking a bath to taking a shower but lately I am lucky to get either
20. I'm addicted (in a good way) to www.howfasttheygrow.com
21. I can't believe I'm doing this 25 things about me, I never do stuff like this usually I just delete it
22. I can clean up poop and pee but will barf from the smell or sight of puke
23. I have 28 pairs of various black pants
24. Only 3 pairs currently fit my fast ass
25. I'm so grateful for my friends!

So now that I publicly outed myself as having a facebook, you too can add me as a friend. After all, I have to be more friendly and friend-worthy than Honey, right?

3 comments:

The Husband said...

Here are few more things one should know about Helene:

26. She is the smartest shopper I've ever met. (Bought a Chico's top listed at over $100 for 30 cents.)

27. She is great dealing with bureaucratic bullshit like health insurance claims and over charges on our cell bill.

28. She always makes sure I'm dressed well.

29. She always makes sure I'm undressed well.

30. She the most fun person I've ever known.

The Husband said...

Here are few more things one should know about Helene:

26. She is the smartest shopper I've ever met. (Bought a Chico's top listed at over $100 for 30 cents.)

27. She is great dealing with bureaucratic bullshit like health insurance claims and over charges on our cell bill.

28. She always makes sure I'm dressed well.

29. She always makes sure I'm undressed well.

30. She the most fun person I've ever known.

Anonymous said...

She was a Queen for a year in 1984? Won the title at an AZA BBYO dance.

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter