Remember when I bought about 15 boxes of Organic Gluten Free Cereal for a buck a box last month? I have been getting creative with using it up. I make a version of rice krispie treats with it, and I layer it between yogurt and fruit like an ice cream parfait. I even used the corn flakes as a crunchy topping on a casserole but I am still looking for ways to make these two cereals new and exciting to the crew.
I found these "special" cereal bowls at the dollar store. These bowls have a straw that draws the liquid from the bottom- they are perfect for my kids cereal because when they are done eating, they get to drink the milk with the straw. The novelty of these colorful bowls has not worn off and my kids are asking me for milk and cereal as a snack just so they can slurp up the milk through the cool straw.
I know these are not teaching them fine dining skills but at the kitchen table but I can deal with that, at least until the stacks of boxes are depleted from my pantry. Right now it is Cereal Palooza 2009!
Yes...I must admit, Eli prefers the pink Dora pajamas, and Natalie likes Buzz Lightyear. What can you do? Hey, they are a three year old mix gender set- they have no boundaries with their stuff! Girls? Boys? What is the difference?
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Columbus Mother of Twins Spring Sale- a total succ...
- Gluten Free Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- 4 Co- Pays and some $25 gift cards
- Fevers, Coughs, Runny Noses- TIMES FOUR
- Enviro-kids Gluten Free Cereal-palooza
- I made a lady cry at Giant Eagle
- Eli's words of wisdom
- Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Dressing, also known ...
- Natalie's Potty Rating System
- Welcome to New Albany, OH- we have Clean Streets a...
- Music To My Ears, so C'mon Get Happy
- The Nadya Suleman Saga, How one woman's poor judgm...
- Pink and Green LOVE
- Brotherly LOVE
- Gluten Free Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- Wester Bill
- Muddy Waters
- Twenty Years
- A Sticky Situation
- Confined Spaces and Cages- How I survive the winte...
- Chewable Pampers
- Gluten Free Batch Cooking 101
- Dripstiks and Popsicles Make a Cold Day FUN
- The Real Housewives of Franklin County, Ohio
- Facebook Frolics
- My Pretty, Petite, Picasso of 19 months
- I am Flabbergasted
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2008 (221)