The time had come. Natalie needed a hair cut. My budget allowed for choices limited to Super Cuts or the Barber Shop where I take the boys (when Jeff isn't butchering them) or I could have paid a bloody fortune and taken her to a la dee dah salon. I have a small balance left on a gift card to a very nice full service shop, and I decided to make her first haircut experience as comfortable as possible. BIG Mistake! VERY BIG! I think I have set the bar too high for future cuts, but live and learn.
Natalie enjoyed all the attention from her stylist.
She sat still, held a pink comb, and kept an eye on the mirror. When all was said and done it was a very successful field trip- just us. No boys. She declared that her hair was so beautiful, and that she looked like a very pretty mermaid, which in Natalie-speak is the highest compliment.
Her new doo was followed by a pink lemonade lollipop which was the icing on her cake. All the glamming up went to her head- literally!
As we were driving home Natalie was chattering on and on about her appointment. She gave me the play by play as if I had not been there. First Sherri squirted my head with water, then she combed it with a pink comb, then she used scissors to cut it off on the floor, then she combed my hair some more, and then I looked like a mermaid. YEAH YIPPEEE Mommie I am a mermaid. And, in her sweetest voice, she said,
NK: Mommie, Can we go back to see Sherri everyday?
me: I said no just once in a while.
NK: What day is it?
me: It is Tuesday today.
NK: Can we go to have my hairs done tomorrow on Wedneday?
me: No we only go every so often but not everyday.
NK: How about we go there again on Friday?
me: I will let you know when it is time to go there again, so you don't have to
ask me anymore, ok?
NK: Ok I will be waiting to back there very soon- maybe we can do it on Sunday?
ACK!!! I have created a monster here. As if I did not have enough to deal with already. Now I have listen to a 3 year old negotiating for spa services? OHHH Please, I can barely ever get myself there yet alone pay for it, and now this? I swear this is so wrong. I do not deserve this. Little Helene is kicking Big Mama Helene's sorry ass. HELP!
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Popping out People & People Pops, giving birth to ...
- Costco University- I Graduated with Honors!
- Calgon- Please take my Kids AWAY!
- Snow Daze
- Happy Chinese New Year- It is the Year of the Ox, ...
- Another Field Trip turns to SHIT
- Gluten Free Goodies
- Just another day in Paradise
- I Love Global Warming in January
- Kindermusic is Kinder FUN when One to One
- Seeing it at all ages
- WHEW! A Whirlwind Weekend
- Gluten Free Corn Casserole- adapted from Aunt Rach...
- We're goin to Kansas City- Kansas City here we com...
- Let it Snow
- Looking Back on Sunny Days
- Good Clean Fun Gone Really Really Bad
- My Wild Hair Brained Scheme- FIASCO!
- Gluten Free MEGA Vegetable Lasagna
- Reflections back on Rock & Roll- I still feel like...
- The CPSIA law- what it really means to people like...
- Natalie's first salon experience- I have created a...
- That's My Girl (s)
- Birthday Offers and Other bargain related informat...
- New Year Resolutions
- Happy Anniversary to the Blog
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2008 (221)