We had an all out SNOW DAY yesterday. The city declared it a level GOLD snow emergency, well, not really gold, but some code that means "stay at home you morons!" Since we were homebound and the adults have dark green snot exploding in our heads (TMI, I know I know) we had to do something with the kids before they decided to plot a revolt out of boredom.
I shouted, "C'mon guys, everybody in the shower, I've got toys and shaving cream!"
This is my new solution to wrangling unruly kids and letting them play together, creatively, in a 3 foot by 4 foot space. Contained! I simply strip them down, turn on the warm water, add a few cups and pastry brushes, and VOILA! The group shaving cream shower is a parental lifesaver. I reaped the added benefit of sitting in a steamy bathroom, reading a swimwear catalog (YES, I was high on Cold Meds!) and drinking hot tea. By the time we ran out of hot water (90 gallon tank) my head was clear, the kids were clean, and I was ready to take an adventure to Costco. YIPPEE...Calgon did not officially take my kids away, but the concept or theory worked wonders on my kids.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Popping out People & People Pops, giving birth to ...
- Costco University- I Graduated with Honors!
- Calgon- Please take my Kids AWAY!
- Snow Daze
- Happy Chinese New Year- It is the Year of the Ox, ...
- Another Field Trip turns to SHIT
- Gluten Free Goodies
- Just another day in Paradise
- I Love Global Warming in January
- Kindermusic is Kinder FUN when One to One
- Seeing it at all ages
- WHEW! A Whirlwind Weekend
- Gluten Free Corn Casserole- adapted from Aunt Rach...
- We're goin to Kansas City- Kansas City here we com...
- Let it Snow
- Looking Back on Sunny Days
- Good Clean Fun Gone Really Really Bad
- My Wild Hair Brained Scheme- FIASCO!
- Gluten Free MEGA Vegetable Lasagna
- Reflections back on Rock & Roll- I still feel like...
- The CPSIA law- what it really means to people like...
- Natalie's first salon experience- I have created a...
- That's My Girl (s)
- Birthday Offers and Other bargain related informat...
- New Year Resolutions
- Happy Anniversary to the Blog
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2008 (221)