Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Just one usable image?

I have been working like a fool trying to take one decent photographic image of the kids to use in an upcoming 2009 greeting card. How difficult is it to get all four children to cooperate...PUHLEEZ...DON'T ASK!

I don't send Christmas Cards because according to Eli, we are Jewish, not Christmas, remember? Hanukkah cards would be fine if everyone were Jewish, but thankfully we have friends of all religions, so happy 2009 works universally all around. This year Aunt(s) Rachelle and Nat gave the kids matching Nick and Nora jammas- the cutest Sock Monkey themed fabric in a darling menswear pant and top style. I tried and tried (177 images in all) to get one decent,in focus shot where you could see the faces of everyone, eyes open, smiling and acting as if the whole process was effortless.
So far, we are a no go for a single usable image. I even resorted to bribery!( I am not above it) Using peppermint gum as a dangling carrot

I ended up with images of children with sticky blue crap all over their lips. Live and Learn people....I am not giving up, there is still time to attempt it a few more times before the end of the year, sheeesh, is trying to get one usable image asking too much?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I only have two kids ages 4 and 18 months and it took us 110 images. I wish I could print them all into a very funny comic book. The screwy photos are the best. I too bribed and ended up with sticky fingers and colored tongues. It's what christmas is about.
Julie Holtgrave
Glen Carbon, IL

Tanna'sTriplets said...

HAHA, something to look forward to!!

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter