Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pumpkin Soup

Sometimes, I make dinner knowing that the meal may be questionable to a three year old. Soups fall into this category mainly because of the spoon challenge- they are difficult to manage with tiny hands and large spoons. I discovered small dental rinse dixie cups and allowing the kids to drink soup has be a huge success. THEY LOVE DRINKING SOUP!
Lately I have been crock potting meals for time and energy savings. I made a new recipe for pumpkin soup and it is so easy. Just add all the ingredients to the crock pot and let it cook for a few hours on low.

1 Large can pumpkin
1 quart vegetable broth (gluten free of course)
1 glove garlic crushed
1 tsp black pepper
salt to taste

I used a stick blender and whirled it into a smooth texture,
added a dollop of sour cream and some scallions and toasted pine nuts to the top before serving it to the adults. If you want to get all Jewish Martha Stewart on me,
you can hollow out a pumpkin and serve the hot soup inside the original container- cute but this ain't happen on a weeknight between basketball practice and my office hours.So I highly recommend the dixie cup! YUM!

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter