Most people probably think of a cell phone service plan when they hear of Friends and Family. In my case just being on vacation in the Washington DC area allowed my kids to grab a bit of both friends and family on their own time. We met up with my cousin JoAnn and my cousin Marsha at the Montgomery Mall. After sipping a double tall Caramel Latte (note to Jeff, my mom bought) I was able to chat it up with everyone while the kids were getting their energy out on the indoor playground. I have not seen JoAnn in alnost 30 years- until recently she lived in England, but now lives in Maryland with her cute husband, She looks amazing- so much more grown up and mature than she did when she was 6 years old. Duhhhhh. She is a professional make-up artist, so clearly the glam gene is alive and well in our family, muhhhhaaaahhh ha ha, as if. It was great to spend quality time with Marsha- it was her daughter, Melinda that got married this past weekend. So seeing her at the wedding was fun but not really condusive for gabbing it up. Meeting at the mall was a perfect way for me to be able to multi-task the adults while the kids were otherwise engaged and amused.
My mom's college friend Susie met us at the hotel before she went to work. The kids spent 15 minutes entertaining her and making her delicious imaginary baked goods from fallen leaves that decorated the ground.
I think poor Susie was a bit overwhelmed by the energy level of 4 kids under 4, at 9:00 a.m....which made going to work look like the easier thing to do. Maybe I should have had my mom buy her a double tall caramel latte? Ahhh, the joy of friends and family- who needs a cell phone commerical to glamourize it- clearly NOT ME!
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- ► 2009 (345)
- Naptime Turkeys
- Slutsky Cousins
- CJ is ready for the Swiss Alps, and So am I
- Tick Tock Target....your time is almost up!
- Giving Thanks
- The Latin Grammys Remix- Slutsky Style
- Merry Christmas, We are Jewish
- Divas, Drinks and Diamonds
- Hester Prynne and Mitchell Slutsky
- Target Makes Mistakes, Mis-Treats Customers and In...
- Real Reptiles Rock!
- Mini Me
- The Perfect FIRST Snowfall
- First Poop on the Floor....now swearing on video t...
- The Shit has Hit the Floor
- Did Someone Say SUSHI?
- Las Vegas Lucky
- The Story of us...why I love Wende Powell, Jimmy C...
- Pumpkin Soup
- Highways to Hotels = Heaven to Hell
- The Jewish Wedding
- The Friends and Family Plan
- Gluten Free Pancakes
- Triplet Bloggin Mamas
- Let's Start at the End...
- On The Road Again
- The Headline Reads, Crazy Triplet Lady gives out n...
- ▼ November (27)