Monday, August 25, 2008

We are (land) LORD of the (fruit) FLIES

Ughhhh the madness... the one thing I love most about Summer is the ripe, juicy, plentiful variety of fresh fruit. The thing I despise about Summer are the fruit flies. Right now my kitchen is horribly infested with a zillion pesky fruit flies.

I have washed, dried and put away all fresh fruits and veggies. I myself have consumed almost an entire bottle of 2002 Cabarnet- saving a bit for the little appetizer tray dishes on my kitchen counters. While I was busy drowning my sorrows, so were some of my flying friends now floating in the Rodney Strong pool of death. I have clorox-ed all surfaces of counter space and the sink and I am still the Lord of the Flies.

Until the infestation improves we have a universal fruit hold-out, a ban on bananas and a boycot and apricots. Considering we eat over 60 pounds of fresh fruit a week this anti-fruit movement will have our colons paralyzed with non movements- if you hear know what I am saying.

I am thinking of putting this sign at the intersection in front of our house-


If anyone has any brilliant suggestions on how to rid my home of the flies...by all means- leave a comment below. Shy of a bug bomb or moving, I will try anything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get some old fashiond sticky fly strips.

Papa

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter