Ughhhh the madness... the one thing I love most about Summer is the ripe, juicy, plentiful variety of fresh fruit. The thing I despise about Summer are the fruit flies. Right now my kitchen is horribly infested with a zillion pesky fruit flies.
I have washed, dried and put away all fresh fruits and veggies. I myself have consumed almost an entire bottle of 2002 Cabarnet- saving a bit for the little appetizer tray dishes on my kitchen counters. While I was busy drowning my sorrows, so were some of my flying friends now floating in the Rodney Strong pool of death. I have clorox-ed all surfaces of counter space and the sink and I am still the Lord of the Flies.
Until the infestation improves we have a universal fruit hold-out, a ban on bananas and a boycot and apricots. Considering we eat over 60 pounds of fresh fruit a week this anti-fruit movement will have our colons paralyzed with non movements- if you hear know what I am saying.
I am thinking of putting this sign at the intersection in front of our house-
If anyone has any brilliant suggestions on how to rid my home of the flies...by all means- leave a comment below. Shy of a bug bomb or moving, I will try anything!
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- ► 2009 (345)
- Summer Home School for Triplets- final weekend
- They are HELLIONS I tell you!
- Everything happens for a reason.....
- We are (land) LORD of the (fruit) FLIES
- It is Sunday- We are Jewish- We eat Chinese Food
- Just a normal Saturday at the Slutskys
- From the Mouths (and tushies) of Babes
- Triple the Triplets Times Two
- The Days are LONG!
- My Passion for Fashion- Bites Me
- A day for CJ
- Jazz in New Albany
- Multiple Multiples- My Three Help Five Celebrate 5...
- Costco Checks and Conair Cuts
- A dose of reality
- The Slutsky Olympics, Live from Ohio
- R is for RIPE RED RASPBERRIES
- How to Jam Pack a Weekend- Slutsky Style
- WE love AARYN
- Hello Honey!
- Everything a Blog should be and MORE! Ahhhh!
- It is all about Charlotte
- ▼ August (22)