Thursday, August 14, 2008

A dose of reality

I spent the last two days at the Cleveland Clinic. I decided that it was time to advocate for my own health. After a few years of battling some minor but annoying symptoms I made the decision to find out why my health has not been picture perfect. I had 13 vials of blood drawn to analyze many potential issues, and I had a CT scan with dye through my veins, followed by a delightful double GI test of endoscopy and colonoscopy. I have been poked and prodded from every end. I am home now, tired and mildly anxious for the results. I used my own form of a prescription to help take my mind off of the stressful last few days in Cleveland- let me explain:

This is one of my all time favorite photos. It was taken last Summer in Kansas City by our fellow triplet mom-photographer, Jennifer Mullinax. The perfect, all kids smiling and looking at the camera version of this image currently hangs above our fireplace and is incredible. But this "out take" shot is what comes to mind when you start to imagine 4 kids under two. Every time I need a giggle and a chuckle, I look at this shot and like magic my attitude can't help but adjust to see the humor. Staring at the beauty of my kids whether in person or in a photo makes everything all right again. I am sharing this on the blog today because I am in the frame of mind to recognize that laughter is the best medicine.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter