I spent the last two days at the Cleveland Clinic. I decided that it was time to advocate for my own health. After a few years of battling some minor but annoying symptoms I made the decision to find out why my health has not been picture perfect. I had 13 vials of blood drawn to analyze many potential issues, and I had a CT scan with dye through my veins, followed by a delightful double GI test of endoscopy and colonoscopy. I have been poked and prodded from every end. I am home now, tired and mildly anxious for the results. I used my own form of a prescription to help take my mind off of the stressful last few days in Cleveland- let me explain:
This is one of my all time favorite photos. It was taken last Summer in Kansas City by our fellow triplet mom-photographer, Jennifer Mullinax. The perfect, all kids smiling and looking at the camera version of this image currently hangs above our fireplace and is incredible. But this "out take" shot is what comes to mind when you start to imagine 4 kids under two. Every time I need a giggle and a chuckle, I look at this shot and like magic my attitude can't help but adjust to see the humor. Staring at the beauty of my kids whether in person or in a photo makes everything all right again. I am sharing this on the blog today because I am in the frame of mind to recognize that laughter is the best medicine.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- ► 2009 (345)
- Summer Home School for Triplets- final weekend
- They are HELLIONS I tell you!
- Everything happens for a reason.....
- We are (land) LORD of the (fruit) FLIES
- It is Sunday- We are Jewish- We eat Chinese Food
- Just a normal Saturday at the Slutskys
- From the Mouths (and tushies) of Babes
- Triple the Triplets Times Two
- The Days are LONG!
- My Passion for Fashion- Bites Me
- A day for CJ
- Jazz in New Albany
- Multiple Multiples- My Three Help Five Celebrate 5...
- Costco Checks and Conair Cuts
- A dose of reality
- The Slutsky Olympics, Live from Ohio
- R is for RIPE RED RASPBERRIES
- How to Jam Pack a Weekend- Slutsky Style
- WE love AARYN
- Hello Honey!
- Everything a Blog should be and MORE! Ahhhh!
- It is all about Charlotte
- ▼ August (22)