Last night we took the kids to Whole Foods for a major fresh produce run. It seems that every time I buy what I think is a weeks worth of fruit and veggies it only lasts for about 4-5 days. If you can visualize 15 pounds of bananas, 2 Quarts of Berries, 3 pounds each of Plums, Pears, Nectarines, Apples, and Cherries- that is about HALF of the fruit we consume in a week! It is crazy- Crazy all the way to the bank and back to Whole Foods, that is!
Before we left Whole Foods we made our traditional stop for fresh scooped Gelato. All the kids wanted Chocolate Chocolate Chip this time, so I bought a huge container and divided it up into drinking cups- (I am being economical here, a single scoop is $1.99 and a double is $3.79 but a huge take home container is $4.99 so....do the math with 4 moochers in tow) From now on this is the way to do it.
CJ kept tilting his head back with delight- saying, Mmmmmmm- dah-wish-us!
Natalie was convinced that the fastest method of ingesting gelato is to attempt to drink it,
and she got CJ to try it her way for a moment. Eli was too busy using his soup spoon to care.
My kids LOVE choco-latte gelato and we all LOVE our field trips to Whole Foods!
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- ► 2009 (345)
- No words needed- SUNDAY PASTA NIGHT
- CHOO CHOO at the ZOO
- Tres Latina Chicas y Un Gringo (edited to add phot...
- CJ, Celiac and the Cleveland Clinic- the three C's...
- Our Baby is WALKING!
- Happy Birthday Amanda & Mitchell
- Summer Lovin- Loving the Summer
- Good Clean Fun- for Mommie(?)
- Gluten Free Good Times- explained
- The Cultural Care (Dance) Influence
- Sunday Slutsky Suppers
- We "HEART" Whole Foods
- Silly Storytelling and Silly Songs
- Grandma Andy Linkow ROCKS!
- My Daily Prayer
- Mini Mitchell
- America's Birthday weekend-aka:The Fourth of July
- The fruit of my labor
- Partners In Crime
- ▼ July (20)