Friday, June 20, 2008

They are Buckeyes



As I type this I am shaking my head in disbelief. My kids are OSU Buckeyes. There are worse things to be, right? Everyone knows that the Buckeyes have the best damn fans in the land, but honestly, I never imagined being called the Mother of Buckeyes. Until today. See- I admit it, I have publicly outed myself. There might even be a self-help support group I could join?

I am not from Ohio, did not go to school here, and I married a Hoosier, but alas, we live in Columbus. Buckeye Pride is in the water here- but in the babies defense, they were born at the University (OSU) Hospital and technically they were Buckeyes from day one. Given the high level of care they received in the NICU at OSU, I can't complain. Consider that from the time they arrived at home Mitchell has been brain-washing them with various OSU chants, stats, jargon, & encouraging them to watch games with him, and because they worship the ground he walks on, they too, worship the Buckeyes. I am glad Mitchell is not a Scientologist! (as Seinfeld would say, "not that there is anything wrong with it")

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter